Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Pit That Cannot Be Filled

Dear Ramon,

I was happy to read your letter. As far as your question is concerned - whether moving to The States would be a good move for you - let me tell you a few things.

If the question is whether to travel or not, my answer will always be the same: travel. You have to see the world with your own eyes. Life is meant to be experienced.

To move there? Why not? Give yourself a year or two at the most, and journey as much as you can while you are there.

And as far as happiness is concerned, I don’t think that it is something that you will find there, nor in any other place.

Fist of all, happiness is an illusion, it is a trick of Nature to keep an individual struggling and struggling to obtain more and more. It is a pit that cannot be filled, because it was so designed.

One is wiser to search for Realization. The difference? Simple: Happiness is based on what one can obtain from this world, while Realization is based on what one can give to the world.

These are my thoughts. I hope they give you perspective.

Take care,


-Georg

No comments:

Post a Comment